Madhya Pradesh: The country’s first Infantry Museum has been opened for the general public at Mhow, Indore, Madhya Pradesh.India’s first Infantry Museum has been opened to the general public on December 9, 2022.
- India’s first Infantry Museum has been opened to the general public on December 9, 2022.
- It is located in Mhow Cantonment of Indore district of Madhya Pradesh.
- This museum will showcase the glorious history of Infantry soldiers from the year 1947 to 2020.
This museum is the first in the country and second in the world. Before this, such a museum has been built in America. The Army inaugurated to celebrate the Victory Day and the eve of the 75th year of the establishment of the Infantry School. The world-class museum has been set up with the intention of showcasing the Infantry. The project was conceived in July 2003 as a national-level training hall cum research centre.
The museum will showcase Infantry Corps’ history from 1747 to 2020, in which the sacrifice of valour and valiant soldiers have been preserved in statues, murals and photo galleries,
About the Infantry Museum:
- The Infantry Museum covers the history of the Infantry from 1747 to 2020. It depicts the rich heritage, glorious past and supreme sacrifice of our brave soldiers preserved in sculptures, murals, and photo galleries.
- The construction of this museum has been in the works for a decade. This three-story building of the museum has been built on two acres of land. It has 17 different rooms covering the history and development of the Indian Infantry since 1747 in chronological order in 30 subject areas. In this museum, along with Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, Subhash Chandra Bose, and Maharaja Ranjit, the history of many great men will be seen.
World’s first National Infantry Museum:
The world’s first National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center is located outside the Maneuver Center of Excellence at Fort Benning in Columbus Georgia. The 190,000-square-foot museum opened in June 2009. The museum describes the history of the United States Army Infantry from the American Revolution to present operations. It displays artifacts from all eras of American history.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Madhya Pradesh Capital: Bhopal
- Madhya Pradesh Governor: Mangubhai C. Patel
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan.